"How can anyone who is able to enjoy the beauties of a Virgil, a Tasso, a Shakespeare, who can follow the logical conclusions of a Liebnitz and Kant--how can such a one find pleasure in the Old Testament, so deficient in form and taste, and in the senseless writings of the Talmud?"
-Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch

Friday, February 17, 2006

Am I Addicted To Coffee?


I think I might be addicted to coffee. I am not sure. I've never been really addicted to anything. I started drinking a cup of coffee in the morning about a month ago because I've been very tired (It's my own fault, I know, but that's not the point here. Yell at me later). So anyway, last night I got more sleep then I usually do. Today I didn't have any coffee. Yet, I feel more tired then ever and my head feels like it is filled with cotton balls. Am I addicted to coffee? Is coffee, or lack of, causing my head to hurt?

TGIF.

1 Comments:

You may have a tolerance or a dependency. They keep on shifting the definition of addiction so I'm not sure anymore if your coffee problem is an addiction. Back in the seventies they realized that cocaine was not addicting so they changed the meaning of the word... I realize that was 30 years ago but it still annoys me. No, I don't use cocaine.

I was once asked on an employment form, if I had any "Chemical dependencies". I was tempted to fill in "Oxygen". I restrained myself, but didn't get the job anyway.
Blogger still realizing, at 9:09 AM  

Add a comment